Create A Zapier Automation With mintBlue
In this tutorial we will create an automation, publishing all e-mails received from a certain e-mail address to the blockchain automatically.
When logged into your mintBlue account, click "Projects" in the navigation on the left. Click the "New Project" button and fill in your project's details (see below image). For this example you could name your project "Zapier" for example.
To create an Access Token, go to "Open Settings" in the bottom left of your account screen, and then click "Access Tokens".
On the "Access Tokens" page. Click the "New token" button in the upper right of your screen.
Choose a name for your access token that will allow you to identify it easily. Optionally set an expiration date. Then click "Save".
Access Tokens come in two forms:
- API Tokens
- SDK Tokens
API Tokens are only used to talk to mintBlue's API directly. They cannot be used to decrypt your non-custodial keys. If you are building a Zapier automation, you will use the API token in a few moments!
Go to your Zapier dashboard at https://zapier.com/app/dashboard
- Click the "Create Zap" button in the top left corner:
- Define which app and event will trigger the automation
- Choose App "Gmail" and event "New Email Matching Search"
- Sign in to your Gmail account as instructed
- Define which emails will trigger the automation
- In this example we will only look for e-mail coming from a specific address
In the next step you can test your trigger and will be shown an example e-mail. Continue through this and then define which action to run when the automation is triggered.
Choose app "mintBlue" and event "Create a Data Transaction"
- Proceed to "Sign in to mintBlue" in Zapier
- Use the API Token you have obtained earlier in this guide to complete this process
- Then select the "Zapier" project you have created earlier in this guide
- In the first Data field, select "Body plain" (which is the e-mail's content) and continue
This is just an example, if you actually do this your email content will be publicly accessible on the blockchain!
- Click "Test & Review" to create your Zapier first transaction!
- Click "Publish Zap" to activate the automation
Congrats! You have successfully set up an automation pushing filtered e-mails to the blockchain!
Now that you've done this setup with email, try it with your Twitter account to save all your tweets to the chain!